Thursday, August 27, 2009

[esatsang] Esatsang digest for Aug 26 2009

Our trust is very superficial. It's just a covering for our fears. We are
afraid and we don't want to feel that way, so we force the trust on us. We
think we have trusted, and when the time comes it falls apart.


Translations and Previous Sutras:
http://www.artofliving.org/DS.asp?MailingDate=8/18/2009

For esatsang list subscribes, please email
esatsang-subscribe@lists.artofliving.org from the email address that
you want subscribed.

For esatsang list unsubscribes, please email
esatsang-unsubscribelists.artofliving.org from the email address that
you want unsubscribed.

***************************
Topics in this edition

1. YES! Plus >> Brazil

2. Navaratri 10-Day Silence Retreat at North American Ashram

3. Only a few left...

4. Bhutanese empowerment workshops in Houston

5. What the smartest folks say about DSN! 10-13 Sep South Bombay!

6. Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Course in JP Nagar

******************************

From: Renata Baldi <renata.baldi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:20 AM
Subject: YES! Plus >> BRAZIL

Jai Gurudev!

As some may know, Brazil was the first Latin American country to be gifted with
the YES Plus programs, in October 2007, with our dearest teachers Rohit and
Shilpa from Bombay. They left the country but they kept their hearts and
enthusiasm so we could keep up with their good work.

In almost only 2 years of programs, YES Plus is rocking the country, with a big
team of volunteers, most of the new participants are regular in follow-ups, and
our Advanced Course rates with youth participants are over 80%!

We have our "Prana Weekend" were we go to a place in nature, do sadhana
together, knowledge, satsang, nature walks, waterfalls, and many different
adventures. They just love it!

We also have our YES! Plus Ashtavakra sessions, were they can go beyond… The
sessions are so deep and smart, really expanding and connecting.

So just to quickly share, the success in all aspects, retention is amazing, and
the number of new participants too. We have waiting lists! Just in this month
we had 250 new YES Plus participants and more than 90 volunteers involved. So
much lightness and depth, so much grace…

We are sooo grateful to Guruji, Rajshree, Rohit, Shilpa, Tanuja, Philip, and
all the amazing teachers that have been pouring their inspiration, love and
knowledge on us.
Every day when I wake up I thank every single moment I have and for having the
most amazing "job" in the universe. When the small mind comes, the big
mind comes right behind it! Every day is a grace day, a magic day, it always
works, and the best part is that we aren't doing anything.

Just sharing to keep it growing!

The luckiest and happiest teacher in the world… From Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

If you are curious, you can see some pictures in:
http://yesplusrio.ning.com/photo?page=2
http://picasaweb.google.com/yesplusrj
http://yesplussp.ning.com/photo?page=2
http://picasaweb.google.com.br/ctescari.yesplus
http://www.flickr.com/photos/yesplusbahia

**************************************

From: Art of Living North American Ashram <artdevivre@artofliving.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Subject: Navaratri 10-Day Silence Retreat

10-Day Silence Retreat Navarati at the International Art of LIving Centre
Canada

If you have had three Advanced Courses and have been longing to just go into
silence over Navaratri - come to your Home in Canada!

"Experience a new depth of peace, a deeper experience of stillness."

Course Dates September 16th to 26th

or Come for Three-Days of Navaratri Pujas September 24th to 26th

The Ashram is incredibly beautiful in Autumn

A unique opportunity for silence during Navaratri whether you take the course
or come for pujas

For information
http://artdevivre.artofliving.org

Jai Gurudev
The Ashram Team
artdevivre@artofliving.org
1-819-532-3328

*****************************

From: Dixita Toprani <dixitatoprani@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM
Subject: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:30 PM

The response to Art of Living Part II course in Richmond, VA for the labor day
weekend has been monumental!
If you have not had the opportunity to attend Part II course yet, I strongly
encourage you to do so now. From what I understand there are only a few seats
remaining...claim your seat before they are all gone and before the price
increases by $40 starting August 28.
Price until August 27 Thursday: $350 (Students and seniors $225) - this
includes VVM and course expenses
When: Labor Day weekend starting on September 04 Friday @ 6P
Time: starts on Friday @ 6:00P and ends on Monday @ 5:30P
Where: Roslyn Center - 8727 River Road, Richmond, VA 23229
The course will be taught by John Osborne, who shows how we can be free by
simply tapping into the power of SELF.
Just visit this page and register NOW:
http://secure.artofliving.org/course_details.aspx?course_id=5273
While other people worry about what's going on around them, YOU have the power
to take advantage of the opportunities that no one else sees.
What more can you ask for...an amazing touch of GRACE that is changing lives
all over the world.
Yours in meditation,
Jai Guru Dev!
Richmond AOL Team
******************************

From: Mandar Apte <mandar.apte@artofliving.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Subject: Bhutanese empowerment workshops in Houston

Art of Living Houston chapter got a taste of undertaking a seva project with a
difference last weekend. Inspired by the work done in Atlanta and Austin, we
were very determined to do a course for the Bhutanese refugees in Houston.
Krishna, Arabinda, Nitin, Charul and others we went out door to door to the
apartment complexes where these people had been put up to talk and register
them. Nitin and I ware exposed to how they live and are settling in USA of A!
That day, a con guy from Congo, had come to visit the Bhutanese family that we
were visiting.....he was selling them that they should register for English
classes because without that they will not get jobs and survive. He was a con
man, it was apparent from his story that he worked for Houston Police and did
this on the side, etc. Funnily he thought, I was also a Bhutanese and told me I
spoke good English and he can offer me a job for $15/hr!!! We did a small
satsang for them and finalised the dates for the empowerment course for about
35 people. Many in Houston pitched in, some got food, some good the venue, it
was amazing team spirit and so divine how people come together for Guruji's
work. During the course itself, Jaya and I were privy to many amazing
experiences, the innocence of these people is beyond words. They are so simple!
Guruji - we thank you for this divine experience. More seva and more courses to
follow.....

Mr. Rudra: "I feel peace in my mind and I feel pleasant" "I am feeling relaxed,
I have forgotten previous events."
Mrs. Pushpa: "I feel active, fresh andd energized. I want to do Sudarshan Kriya
more. I like it." "I hope that this organization can organize more such
workshops, not only for this group, but for other people also."
Mrs. Devi: "I am a patient of blood pressure, I used to have headaches. But now
(after doing Sudarshan Kriya) I do not have any headaches. I feel very
comfortable. I want to do this (Sudarshan Kriya) in the future also."
and my course translator, and asisstant Ms. Radhika had a total JGD experience:
"I forgot to bring my spectacles from Nepal. I was having problems with my
eyes. Now (after doing Sudarshan Kriya) I feel that my eyes have become normal
and very relaxed."

The dynamic Amit pitched in also, amidst his busy office project to produce a
creative film for us to cherish and share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEsSyhOFaiA

Regards
Mandar
www.artofliving.org
*****************************

From: Seema Lamba <kaur.seema@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:55 PM
Subject: What the smartest folks say about DSN! 10-13 Sep South Bombay!

Here are experiences of the incredibly powerful DSN. There are a million
excuses not to do it and just one reason to do it--Yourself.
Next one will be in South Bombay: 10-13 September with Anand Rajendranji
Love, Natasha Pratap
9821 555 982

My regret is that I did not do this earlier. The last 15 years of my life would
have been happier and more full of joy. My DSN dates will always be remembered
by me as the most important 4 days of my life. I have learnt, experienced and
assimilated more from the DSN course than what I could have learnt from books,
management courses and wise teachers. I was fortunate that our DSN teacher was
the dynamic and extremely powerful Anandji whose communication skills are par
excellent. He can even breathe life and enthusiasm into a dead body. I am
thankful to my children who have inspired me into Art of Living (by doing the
Art Excel course), Natasha my teacher who pushed me to do the DSN course,
Anandji our DSN teacher and of course last but most certainly not the least
Guruji. I am sure that the remaining years of my life will be happy and
purposeful.
Ashish Parikh, Stock Broker, Mumbai
B.Com - Mumbai University gold medallist, LLB - Mumbai University merit list,
CA - gold medallist All India
It has been a phenomenal experience! I have done a DSN before, but this one was
simply awesome. My energy level was at an all time high despite of being
slightly sleep-deprived! This course is about deriving profound knowledge with
loads of fun...the best combination ever! There are times when I tend to get
stiff as a person keeping in mind the professional aspect, but I've learnt to
drop my inhibitions and "let-go". It has made me realise to be more adaptable
to different roles and situations in life. I've already started feeling the
difference! It has made my conviction even stronger and I feel I'm ready to
take on any challenge in the world...and of course coming out a WINNER!! It's a
must-do course for one and all!!!
~Ranak, MD Intercarat
"As usual, it was a really busy time at work..so I decided I have no time to
spare for the DSN. My wife, Karishma, was doing the course so at the last
moment I decided to check it out. With all the work tension I was definitely in
the wrong frame of mind. Did not know what to expect out of the next three
days.
Well, they were just amazing, I didn't even realise what I was gaining sitting
through all the processes. I came out upgraded to a new, faster and stronger
human. Rishiji's smile & look in his eyes will stay with me forever ... it was
the first time if my life I hugged a person I have barely known for a few hours
and felt I have known him all my life.
The DSN should be a part of everybody's life....it is the true Art of Living
And yes after all that I gained in 3 days... I did loose 2.5 Kgs
Shyamal Swali, Director, Pi Technologies

I think the course was amazing - in every way - it stretched my comfort zone,
broke many barriers within me, helped release a lot of negative emotions, judge
less..do more...energize my mind/body & soul & i KNOW i will deal with any
situation in life HEAD ON & with a ROCK SOLID smile...JAI GURUDEV
Ashwin, Director, New Globe
Next DSN
SOUTH BOMBAY!
10-13 September
With Anand Rajendranji
REGISTER NOW!
Natasha Pratap 9821 555 982

******************************
From: Amuthan Angappan <amuthan.angappan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 6:00 AM
Subject: Sahaj Samadhi Meditation Course in JP Nagar

Learn easy and effortless meditation in 6 hours spread over 3 days
Dates: 28th Aug to 30th Aug
Time: 7 PM to 9 PM
Venue: 294, 8th Main, 4th Cross, Dollars Colony, JP Nagar 4th Phase, Bangalore
[In the lane opp to Delmia Company, take 4th left and then 4th right, little
ahead door no is 294]
Contact: 99720 89818, 98806 29071
About the course:
Meditation is an appointment with the Self... In order to satisfy our material
and emotional needs, we make a great deal of effort through out the day, moving
from one activity to another. However certain things in life - especially in
the realm of the mind cannot be achieved with effort.
"Meditating is the delicate art of doing nothing - letting go of everything and
being who you are" -- Sri Sri
Meditation is the fine art of letting go. Letting go of all effort to reach a
state of complete rest and tranquility. Sahaj Samadhi means effortless
transcendence.
It is a simple technique of meditation, typically taught over 3 - 2 hour
sessions. Participants are initiated personally and lovingly into the serenity
and silence of deep meditation.
By the end of the sessions, you learn to tap into the depths of your nature and
regular practice will transform the quality of your life. It allows the
conscious mind to settle deeply into itself and when the mind settles down, it
lets go of all stress and centers itself in the present moment. Without effort,
our inner nature is available.
"Sahaj taught me how to meditate, especially in a crucial situation... it can
be practised any
time of the day, empty stomach. Letting go of an impression of any event has
become much easier to me now." – Experience of a participant
--
Regards
Amuthan (9972089818)
******************************

___________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe to the digest, send any message to:
esatsang-unsubscribe@lists.artofliving.org
To subscribe to the digest, send any message to:
esatsang-subscribe@lists.artofliving.org
____________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe to the digest, send any message to:
esatsang-unsubscribe@lists.artofliving.org
To subscribe to the digest, send any message to:
esatsang-subscribe@lists.artofliving.org

No comments:

Post a Comment